Lebanon Businessnews News
 

Municipal fund disbursed
Ministry of Interior sets out provisions of $320 million- municipal fund for 2010
Share on Facebook     Share on LinkedIn        
WatsApp
The Ministry of Interior and Municipalities issued a decree setting out the provisions allocated for the municipalities from the mutual municipal fund for the year 2010, which totals LL468 billion ($320 million).

The decree allocated 12 percent of the total funds ($37 million) to the municipality unions. The remaining 88 percent ($283 million) will be allocated to municipalities. Five percent of these allocations ($13 million) will be granted to the Civil Defense independent fund.

The decree then stated that 90 percent of the remaining funds (around $270 million) will be distributed to the municipalities according to the population of each village. The other ten percent, which totals $27 million, will be distributed to municipalities which have a population of 4,000 people or less.

According to the provisions set out in the decree, the governorates of Beirut and the North get around $44 million each, Mount Lebanon gets around $68 million, the Bekaa gets around $33 million, the South around $22 million, and the Nabatieh around $18 million.
Share on Facebook     Share on LinkedIn        
WatsApp
Date Posted: Feb 03, 2012