Lebanon Businessnews News
 

Garbage tender results
postponed for the third time
Waiting for evaluation reports by some consultants
Share on Facebook     Share on LinkedIn        
WatsApp
The results of the tenders for the cleaning, collection, and treatment of garbage were postponed until Tuesday, according to the Minister of Environment (MoE) Mohammad Machnouk. This is the third time the tender results have been postponed. The results were previously expected to be announced on Monday, then Tuesday.

The adjournment was due to not having enough advisory reports from the ministry’s international consultants on the issue, read an MoE statement. The three international consultants are Danish Ramboll, German IGIB, and German Fichtner.

“The ministerial committee needed more than one consultant’s report per service area,” said Machnouk. The companies have an important role to play especially in the financial assessment of the bids. “We wanted all service areas to be treated and studied equally without exception,” he said.

“Some areas were evaluated by the three consultants, others by two, and a few by just one,” he said. Machnouk said the committee, for the sake of fairness, will wait until it receives reports from at least two consultants.

Machnouk said: “We were pressed with time and not all the consultants have handed in all of their reports. To be fair we have to wait for these reports to be completed,” he said.

The statement came after a two-hour meeting between Machnouk, the Minister of Finance Ali Hassan Khalil, the Minister of Interior Nouhad Machnouk, the Minister of Administrative Development Nabil de Freige, and the Chairman of the Council for Development and Reconstruction Nabil Jisr.

Random dumpsters increased from 760 to more than 2,000 all across municipalities, according to the ministry.
Reported by Yassmine Alieh
Share on Facebook     Share on LinkedIn        
WatsApp
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2015